Avanafil (Avana) 50 mg is a potent and competitive inhibitor of phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) enzyme that is used to treat diabetes-induced erectile dysfunction and age induced oxidative stress or other complications.
Avanafil selectively inhibits type 5-mediated phosphodiesterase synthesis of cyclic guanosine monophosphate ( cGMP) in the corpus cavernosum around the penis, resulting in increased levels of cGMP, which is responsible for relaxing the smooth muscle and increased blood flow to the corpus cavernosum of the penis during sexual stimulation, resulting in erection.
Drug = Avanafil
Strength = 50 mg
Manufacturer = Sunrise remedies
Quantity per sleeve = 4 Tablet (for the price quoted)
How To Take Avanafil (Avana) 50 mg Tablet
This medicine may be taken with or without food.
Try to take it at the same time each day. It must be taken regularly for it to be effective.
Take exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor. Do not stop taking it unless instructed by the doctor.
Dosage of Avanafil (Avana) 50 mg Tablet
Adult: Initial: 100 mg 15-30 minutes before sexual intercourse, may be decreased to 50 mg or increased to a maximum dose of 200 mg, depending on response. The maximum frequency is once every 24 hours.
Missed Dose of Avanafil (Avana) 50 mg Tablet
If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your usual dosing schedule.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
If you think you may have used Avanafil more than the usual dose, please immediately seek medical help.
Symptoms of overdose may include the following:
- Severe headache
- Nasal congestion
- Back pain
People with the following medical conditions should not take Avanafil:
- Unstable angina
- Angina with sexual intercourse
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Resting hypotension (BP <90 mmHg) or hypertension (BP >170/100 mmHg)
- Recent (within the last 6 months) myocardial injury
- Life-threatening arrhythmia
- Other conditions wherein the sexual activity is inadvisable
- Vision loss due to non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION)
- Hereditary degenerative retinal disorders
- Severe renal and hepatic (Child-Pugh class C) impairment
Avanafil may have the following side effects:
- Cardiovascular risk
- Sudden vision and hearing loss
- Non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION)
- Prolonged erection
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- ECG abnormality
- Transient sitting hypotension
- Viral gastroenteritis
- Nasal congestion
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Back pain
- Impaired color discrimination
Do not take Avanafil with the following medicines:
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicine, supplements, and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Avanafil.
How Does It Work?
Avanafil selectively inhibits the cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP)-mediated phosphodiesterase type 5 metabolism in the cavernosum corpus located around the penis, resulting in increased levels of cGMP that are responsible for smooth muscle relaxation and increased blood flow during sexual stimulation to the cavernosum corpus of the penis, thereby inducing an erection. It does not affect in the absence of sexual stimulation.
Avanafil is used to treat the following conditions:
- Erectile dysfunction
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Patient with risk factors or pre-existing cardiovascular disease
- Left-ventricular outflow obstruction
- Active peptic ulcer
- Bleeding disorders
- Sickle cell anemia
- Multiple myeloma
- Penile deformation
- Mild to moderate hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh class A and B)
- Patients receiving αlpha-adrenergic blockers or moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors
- Store between 20-25°C and protected from light.
- Keep away from the reach of children.
- Do not use Avanafil that is expired or out of date.
There are no reviews yet.