Cetirizine is a second-generation anti-histamine used to treat various allergic reactions. Each tablet contains 10 mg of Cetirizine as its active ingredient.
Drug = Cetirizine
Strength = 10 mg
Contains = 1000 tablets per order
How is it taken?
May be taken with or without food at the same time each day for a couple of days.
Dosage of Cetirizine (Cetcip) 10mg Tablet
Adult: 10 mg once daily.
Missed Dose of Cetirizine (Cetcip) 10mg Tablet
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember and skip the scheduled dose for the day.
DO NOT take double dose.
Overdose of Cetirizine (Cetcip) 10mg Tablet
If you took Cetirizine by mistake and more than the usual dose, observe for signs of overdose listed below. If so, seek medical help.
Signs of overdose may include any of the following:
- Neurologic symptoms (confusion, dizziness, headache, irritability, restlessness, decreased consciousness, increase sleepiness)\
- GI symptoms (diarrhea)
- Increased heart rate
- Unintentional movements
People with this medical condition should not take Cetirizine:
- Severe renal impairment
Cetirizine may have the following side effects:
- Neurologic manifestations (headache, confusion, agitation, confusion, depression, dizziness, convulsions, hallucinations, insomnia)
- GI manifestations (abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting)
- Respiratory manifestations (epistaxis, difficulty of breathing, rhinitis)
Do not take Cetirizine with the following medicines:
Inform your physician if you are taking any food supplements or other medications that can be bought over the counter.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Cetirizine.
How Does It Work?
Cetirizine works by competitively and selectively inhibiting histamine receptors in the gastrointestinal tract, blood vessels, and respiratory tract. It inhibits the action of mast cells which is the primary cell involved in allergic reactions.
Cetirizine is used to treat the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions secondary to food, pollen, dust and animal dander
Special Precautions and Warnings
Take special precautions if you have any of the following conditions:
- Spinal cord lesion
- Prostatic hyperplasia
- Patients diagnosed with seizure disorders
- Mild to moderate renal impairment
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Store between 20-25°C
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
- Do not use Cetirizine beyond the date indicated on the bottom of the package.