Permethrin is a pyrethroid insecticide employed in the treatment of lice and mite infestation on the skin. Each cream contains 5% w/v of Permethrin as its active ingredient.
Strength = 5% w/v
How to use
Apply Permethrin exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not apply more than instructed by your doctor.
If you are given the cream rinse or lotion for head lice treatment, follow these steps:
- Wash hair with conditioner-free shampoo, rinse with water, and towel dry.
- Apply sufficient amounts of cream, rinse or lotion to hair and scalp, and leave on hair for no longer than 10 minutes.
- Rinse off hair with warm water.
- Remove remaining head lice with a lice-removal comb.
- If lice are still present after the first treatment, repeat after seven days.
If you are given the cream rinse for the treatment of body lice, follow these steps:
- Apply to the affected area.
- Wash off after 10 minutes.
If you are given the cream for the treatment of scabies, follow these steps:
- Apply cream to the entire body. Pay attention to the areas between fingers and toes, under nails, wrists, armpits, external genitalia, breasts, and buttocks. Avoid the area around the mouth and eyes.
- Leave on for 8 to 14 hours.
- Wash off with water.
- Repeat if mites are still present 14 days after the first treatment.
Dosage of Permethrin (PERMITE Cream) 5% w/v Dermal Cream
Adult: Head pediculosis: As 1% lotion (creme rinse): Apply sufficient amount to saturate washed and towel-dried hair and scalp, leave on for 10 minutes before rinsing. It may be repeated after 7-10 days if necessary.
Scabies: As 5% cream: Apply a thin layer approximately 30 g onto the skin surface from the head to the feet’ soles, leave on for 8-14 hours before rinsing.
Missed Dose of Permethrin (PERMITE Cream) 5% w/v Dermal Cream
Just apply the missed dose and then continue with the regular dosing schedule.
Do not double the dose under any circumstances.
Overdose of Permethrin (PERMITE Cream) 5% w/v Dermal Cream
If you think you may have used Permethrin more than the usual dose, please seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Permethrin:
Permethrin may have the following side effects:
- Skin and scalp irritation
- Localized edema
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements, and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Permethrin.
How Does It Work?
Permethrin works by disrupting the sodium ion influx through the nerve cell membrane channels, which delays the membrane’s repolarization, thereby causing paralysis and death of the parasites.
Permethrin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Head pediculosis
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Store between 20-25°C.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children. Do not allow it to freeze.
- Do not use Permethrin that is expired or out of date.
There are no reviews yet.