Telmisartan + HCTZ (Micardis HCT – Cresar-H) 40 + 12.5 mg includes telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide, which are both used to treat hypertension or high blood pressure. Telmisartan belongs to a class of drugs that function by relaxing blood vessels so that blood can flow more freely, called angiotensin receptor blockers. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that raises the volume of urine and helps open the blood vessels in order to make it easier for blood to flow.
Drug = Telmisartan + HCTZ
Strength = 12.5 Mg, 40 Mg
Manufacturer = Cipla
Quantity per sleeve = 30 Tabs (for the price quoted)
How To Take Telmisartan + HCTZ (Micardis HCT – Cresar-H) 40 + 12.5 mg
Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once daily.
It is best to avoid taking this medication within 4 hours of your bedtime to avoid having to get up to urinate.
Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions about your dosing schedule.
Dosage of Telmisartan + HCTZ (Micardis HCT – Cresar-H) 40 + 12.5 mg
Each tab contains telmisartan (mg)/hydrochlorothiazide (mg): 40/12.5, 80/12.5 or 80/25: In patients with inadequate response to monotherapy with telmisartan 40 mg: 40/12.5 mg once daily. In patients with inadequate response to monotherapy with telmisartan 80 mg or hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg: 80/12.5 mg once daily, may titrate up to 80/25 mg or 160/25 mg once daily according to response.
Missed Telmisartan + HCTZ (Micardis HCT – Cresar-H) 40 + 12.5 mg
If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your usual dosing schedule.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
Signs of overdose may include the following:
- Increased serum creatinine
- Acute renal failure
- Electrolyte depletion
Seek medical help immediately.
People with the following medical conditions should not take Telmisartan + HCTZ:
- Hypersensitivity to telmisartan, hydrochlorothiazide, or sulfonamide-derived drugs
- Cholestasis and biliary obstructive disorder
- Refractory hypokalemia
- Severe hepatic and renal impairment
Side Effects of Telmisartan + HCTZ (Micardis HCT – Cresar-H) 40 + 12.5 mg
Telmisartan + HCTZ may have the following side effects:
- Electrolyte disturbances
- Renovascular hypertension
- Increased cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Acute transient myopia
- Angle-closure glaucoma
- SLE activation or exacerbation
- Renal function deterioration
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Flu-like symptoms
- Chest pain
- Dry mouth
- Taste disturbances
- Abdominal pain
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Abnormal liver function
- Increased Blood urea nitrogen
- Serum creatinine
- Back pain
- Muscle pain
- Increased creatine phosphokinase
- Blurred vision
Warnings of Telmisartan + HCTZ (Micardis HCT – Cresar-H) 40 + 12.5 mg
Do not use Telmisartan in people with the following conditions:
- Blocked bile duct
- Severe liver disease
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any of these medicines:
- Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements, and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Telmisartan+HCTZ.
How Does It Work?
Telmisartan is a nonpeptide derivative of benzimidazole which, by selectively binding to AT1 receptors, works by blocking the vasoconstrictor and aldosterone-secreting effects of angiotensin II. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic which acts primarily at the start of the distal tubules and works by increasing the excretion of sodium and chloride ions and, consequently, by which the reabsorption of electrolytes from the renal tubules by water.
Telmisartan + HCTZ is used to treat the following conditions:
- Renal impairment
- Hepatic impairment
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Patient with intravascular hypovolemia
- Severe congestive heart failure
- Renal artery stenosis
- Primary aldosteronism
- Aortic and mitral stenosis
- Obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Parathyroid disease
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- History of bronchial asthma or gout
- Mild to moderate hepatic and renal impairment
- Store between 20-25°C. Protect from moisture.
- Do not use Telmisartan+HCTZ that is expired or out of the expiry date.
There are no reviews yet.