Clomiphene (FERTOMID) 25 mg Tablet is a triphenylethylene stilbene derivative, either be an estrogen agonist or antagonist, depending on the target tissue, intended to treat infertility in women who do not ovulate or properly release eggs from the ovary.
Drug = Clomiphene
Strength = 25 mg
Manufacturer = Cipla
Quantity per sleeve = 50 Tablet (for the price quoted)
How To Take Clomiphene (FERTOMID) 25 mg Tablet
This medicine may be taken with or without food. Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water. Try to take it at the same time each day.
Take Clomiphene exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor.
Dosage of Clomiphene (FERTOMID) 25 mg Tablet
Anovulatory infertility: 50 mg once daily for 5 days, starting at any time if there is no uterine bleeding or on the 5th day of the menstrual cycle. If ovulation does not occur within 5-10 days, a 2nd course of 100 mg once daily for 5 days may be given, starting as early as 30 days after the previous course. Maximum: 3 courses.
Missed Clomiphene (FERTOMID) 25 mg Tablet
If you often forget to take your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your usual dosing schedule.
Do not double a dose under any circumstances.
Signs of overdose may include the following:
- Vasomotor flashes
- Blurring of vision
- Ovarian enlargement with pelvic or abdominal pain
Seek medical help immediately.
Contraindications of Clomiphene (FERTOMID) 25 mg Tablet
People with the following medical conditions should not take Clomiphene:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding of unknown origin
- Ovarian cyst or enlargement not due to polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Organic intracranial lesion
- Uncontrolled thyroid or adrenal dysfunction
- Active liver disease or history of hepatic impairment
Side Effects of Clomiphene (FERTOMID) 25 mg Tablet
Clomiphene may have the following side effects:
- Mild to moderate OHSS
- Ovarian enlargement
- Cyst formation
- Risk of multiple or ectopic pregnancy
- Risk of borderline or invasive ovarian cancer
- Nervous tension
- Increased appetite
- Increased urinary frequency and volume
- Vag dryness
- Uterine hemorrhage
- Vasomotor flushes
- Weight gain
- Hair loss and dryness
- Breast discomfort
- Severe OHSS manifesting as gross ovarian enlargement
- Pericardial effusion
- Severe abdominal pain
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Hypovolemic shock
Warnings of Clomiphene (FERTOMID) 25 mg Tablet
Do not use in people with the following conditions Clomiphene:
- Liver disease
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding
- Type of cancer which is made worse by hormones
- Enlargement or presence of cyst on your ovary
- Thyroid problems
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Clomiphene.
How Does It Work?
Clomiphene has both estrogenic effects and anti-estrogenic effects. It works by stimulating ovulation by inhibiting estrogen’s negative feedback effect at hypothalamus and pituitary receptor sites, thus increasing hypothalamic GnRH secretion with the subsequent release of pituitary follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone.
Clomiphene is used to treat the following conditions:
- Anovulatory infertility
Special Precautions and Connected Warnings
Take special precautions if you have the following conditions:
- Patient with uterine fibroids
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Avoid alcohol
- Store below 25°C. Protect from light, heat, and excessive humidity.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment for receiving, handling, admin and disposal.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
- Do not use Clomiphene that is expired or out of expiry date.